[Insight-developers] What is LINEAR_INTERPOLATOR_FIXED?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Mon Jul 27 05:33:24 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

I just realized that the optimized registration framework does not use
the optimized linear interpolator. Apparently the optimized linear
interpolator is not used at all. This is because of the following line
in itkLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h:

#if defined( ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS ) && defined(
LINEAR_INTERPOLATOR_FIXED )
#include "itkOptLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h"
#else

Any reason for not having

#ifdef ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS
#include "itkOptLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h"
#else

instead? I saw that this modification was done for ITK 3.6

  http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h?root=Insight&r1=1.36&r2=1.33&sortby=date

but the only commit message is

  ENH: Temporarily disabling the redirection of this interpolator to the
       OptLinearInterpolateImageFunction class.

Should we proceed to re-enabling this functionality?

Regards,
Tom