[Insight-developers] Problem with 3.14 release

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Tue Jun 2 08:47:36 EDT 2009

Hi Sean and Brad,

The solution pointed by Sean should work but IMHO, does not address
the actual problem. I think the real problem lies in the cmake magic
and should thus be solved from there.

On an intel mac, running
  cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="i386;ppc64"  <path_to_itk_sources>
works like a charm. As expected, the TRY_RUN fails to compile the sse2
test program which leads to setting
   VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2 to OFF (for all target platforms).

However, running
  ccmake <path_to_itk_sources>
and then setting
  CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to "i386;ppc64"
fails. This is because the sse2 TRY_RUN is done before setting the
target architecture. This leads to setting
   VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2 to ON (for all target platforms).

The solution would be to reset
  VXL_UPDATE_CONFIGURATION to ON
whenever CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES is modified. However, I don't know
how this should be done.

Any thoughts from a cmake guru?

Cheers,
Tom

P.S.: Brad: Can you confirm that, on your machine also, if you
manually set VXL_UPDATE_CONFIGURATION to ON after the compilation
issues, cmake requires you to change VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2 to OFF (or
does it for you)?