[Insight-developers] Wrong signature for min and max in NumericTraits[RGBPixel, RGBAPixel, VariableLengthVectorPixel]?

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jun 26 03:51:56 EDT 2009

Dear developers,

I'm trying to fix the last warnings reported by WrapITK builds. Three
of them are about a non wrapped type, which can be fixed by wrapping
those types.

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=364485

I'm not sure that the method signature is the right one, though, so a
better fix may be to fix the methods which are triggering those
warnings.

max( const Self & a ) and min( const Self & a ) in those file are
returning a value of type RGBPixel/RGBAPixel/
VariableLengthVector<double> for all the ValueType. NumericTraits<
RGBPixel< unsigned char > >::max( const Self & a ) returns a RGBPixel<
double >.

   Is it intentional to not return a value of type Self?

I think those methods were added in http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkNumericTraitsVariableLengthVectorPixel.h?root=Insight&r1=1.3&r2=1.4
  and propagated in the other files later.

ITK builds fine with the attached patch which change the signature of
min and max in those files, and all the tests are green.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann