[Insight-developers] itkConfigure.h is not found

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 16 11:42:26 EDT 2009

Hi Daryoush,

                 Welcome to ITK !,

You are probably pointing CMake to an incorrect ITK binary directory.

Please read attentively the instructions of the Tutorials:
http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html

in particular in:
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

and the build instructions of the  Software Guide.

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

More specifically,
you have to do the following:

a) Download ITK source code
b) Expand the code in a source tree directory (the Source directory)
c) Create a directory for building ITK (the Binary directory)
d) Configure ITK with CMake, by providing the Source and Binary
     directories
e) Build ITK with your compiler (BTW what is your platform ?
     Windows, Linux, Mac ? , what compiler are you using ?)
f) To start with an example, put the code of the example in
    a separate directory (outside of the ITK source tree)
g) Write a CMakeLists.txt file as instructed in the tutorial.
h) Create a new directory for building the example
i) run CMake to configure your example,
   CMake will ask you for ITK_DIR

     You must provide there the BINARY directory where you
      compiled ITK.

j) Finally compile your example.

Please let us know if you find any problem,

PS. You may want to post this type of question to the