[Insight-developers] Image writing with unicode filename impossible with MSVC

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Oct 19 19:23:14 EDT 2009

On 10/19/09 11:15 AM, Brad King said:

>As the primary maintainer of KWSys I prefer to put as little
>in the library as possible.

Perhaps I haven't been following closely enough, but do you mean you
wouldn't want to create a utf8 lib from scratch in KWSys or that you
don't even want a thin wrapper over utf-cpp in KWSys?

If the latter, that means we'd end up with both a vtkUnicodeString and
itkUnicodeString?  What if CMake needs to process utf8?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com