[Insight-developers] Style Header for ITKv4

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Aug 5 10:21:39 EDT 2010

It looks like KWStyle is failing for all files now due a related header issue:

 Processing /nfs/mead/Users/blowek1/src/ITK/Code/Review/itkLabelContourImageFilter.txx
1: Error #13 (0) Header mismatch: itkLabelContourImageFilter.txx (ITKHeader.h) : /nfs/mead/Users/blowek1/src/ITK/Utilities/KWStyle/ITKHeader.h

I am not familiar enough with KWStyle to know if there is a quick fix for this with the current... (actually I don't know if I am running the current as I can't seem to get the version for the executable )  version.

Just trying to prevent unstyled code from getting in...

I suppose with Hans' plan to just uncrustify the code it should not be a significant issue if it does.

Brad

On Jul 29, 2010, at 1:28 PM, Karthik Krishnan wrote:

> Yup.  VTK has done away with those keyword substitutions. Its header looks like this...
>
> /*=========================================================================
>
>   Program:   Visualization Toolkit
>   Module:    vtkObject.h
>
>   Copyright (c) Ken Martin, Will Schroeder, Bill Lorensen
>   All rights reserved.
>   See Copyright.txt or http://www.kitware.com/Copyright.htm for details.
>
>      This software is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even
>      the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>      PURPOSE.  See the above copyright notice for more information.
>
> =========================================================================*/
>
> I am guessing ITK will follow suit..
>
> --
> karthik
>

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Hans Johnson <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu> wrote:
> I would vote to remove those.  They seem redundant with the information that
> is available from git, and they make using external diff tools tedious to
> work with.
>
> Hans
>
> On 7/29/10 10:11 AM, "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Quick question: are we keeping the same header after moving to git ?
> >
> >   Module:    $RCSfile: itkImageIOBase.h,v $
> >   Date:      $Date: 2009-11-29 15:51:11 $
> >   Version:   $Revision: 1.56 $
> >
> > Does those keywords still apply to git world ?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> --
> Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor