[Insight-developers] ITK CVS ->Git

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Sat Jul 24 11:57:03 EDT 2010

On 7/23/2010 4:39 PM, Brad King wrote:
> new Wiki page dedicated to the Git repositories:
>
>    http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git
>
> The Wiki page is not yet complete.  I need to generalize some of
> the information from the VTK wiki to avoid duplication and then
> link to it from both places.

The Wiki is much more complete now.  Information from
VTK's wiki has been generalized and is now linked from
both the ITK and VTK wiki.

> I'm working on the itk_common.cmake dashboard script.  Once it is
> ready we can start converting dashboard clients to the new repo.

I've completed the itk_common.cmake script, and submitted
our first Git-based dashboard with it:

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=673933

The itk_common.cmake script and a couple support files
are available in a special "dashboard" branch.  Follow
the instructions on the Wiki to track the branch:

   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Dashboard

When important updates to itk_common.cmake come out then
you can just "git pull" to get them.

If you choose to run your own dashboard scripts, please
set up your ITK source clone to follow the

   nightly-master

branch.  It follows "master" and is updated at 1am UTC
every night.  This is the DVCS equivalent to the "nightly
start time" previously used with CVS.

Thanks,
-Brad