[Insight-developers] Mantis bug list

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 10:01:07 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Hans Johnson <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu> wrote:
> ITK Developers,
>
> There has been a lot of action on the Mantis Bug tracker lately.  We have
> been working hard to get the bug list under control.   Over the past 2
> weeks, we have cleared several hundred bugs.  As a second effort, we have
> been looking at all the bugs, and trying to assign them to the team who most
> needs to know about the issues.
>
> Please review bugs assigned to you, many of them can simply be closed
> stating that ITKv4 is addressing these issues, or that the will never be
> addressed.
>
> Hans

I applaud this effort, nice work! However, I disagree with the "this
will never be addressed" idea. Just because a few people decide an
issue is not high priority, that doesn't mean that it is not something
that many users may still want. Leaving feature requests open may
catch a developers interest in the future. Maybe there is a better way
to separate these things to "get them out of the way", but just
closing them I don't think is the right way to go.

David