[Insight-developers] Mantis bug list

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Sun Nov 7 09:16:23 EST 2010

David,

Thank you for you response.  Feel assured that you are not the only person
to express this opinion.

I strongly agree that there is a need for a better way to separate things to
get them out of the way, but there is nothing that has worked so far.  The
problem is that there is currently no place to put these items out of the
way, and the massive backlog of un-addressed issues has jeopardized the
utility of the entire bug tracking system.

There were many issues and feature requests that were ill defined AND
completely inactive for several years AND not assigned to any developer.  If
an issue gets closed that still has relevance, please re-open it with a
comment describing why it is important.

It was necessary to find a course of action within the scope of the
available resources.  Unfortunately, this required taking a sub-optimal plan
of action.

===  Call to action ===
Please feel free to assign bugs you are interested in to yourself.  You
could take some of those stagnant feature requests and make in Insight
Journal article out of them, or take one of the ill defined bugs, and make a
patch set that demonstrates the error (or fixes the problem).

Regards,
Hans

--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.