[Insight-developers] adding authors to Gerrit reviewers

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Fri Nov 12 08:58:04 EST 2010

Hi,

I scraped together a simple script to automate selection and
submission of Gerrit reviewers.  Here is a link in case anyone else
may find it useful:
https://gist.github.com/674093

Candidates are nominated from former authors of the edited files.
People probably want to know when I am breaking ... I mean, fixing ;-)
.. their files, and they are probably the most knowledgeable
individuals of the issues at hand.  It saves having to pick out
reviewers manually and the need to re-enter reviewers for every commit
on a long topic branch.

It has rudimentary user interactivity, but more could be done with it.
 I don't have time to rigorously fix it up, but if someone is
interested, go for it.

To use it, run it instead of 'git gerrit-push' on the initial push to Gerrit.

Matt