[Insight-developers] adding authors to Gerrit reviewers

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Nov 17 11:06:35 EST 2010

On 11/17/2010 10:49 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For example, you and I have probably touched every file in itk. Do you
>> want to be a reviewer on every gerrit topic? Brad L. and Hans also.
>
> I agree, I think it is absolutely great to generate suggested
> reviewers but it is also quite error prone. It is a great script that
> is certainly quite useful, but probably needs some degree of human
> intervention (or those that make sweeping changes accept a lot of
> false positives).

The script should run

 git diff-tree -r --no-commit-id --name-only $commit

on each commit under consideration.  If the total number of files changed
by the commit is greater than some threshold (10?) then the commit is likely
a non-localized change that is not intended as maintenance of the file.
In that case the commit should be skipped (though its author may still
be added by another commit).

-Brad