[Insight-developers] Gerrit Topic Experimental Builds

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Tue Nov 23 09:18:28 EST 2010

I can bring in an old laptop with Vista and VS 8.  I don't have the time to
set it up until the week after RSNA, but if someone else wants to take the
hit, I can bring it in tomorrow.  (It needs the new virus software, and
probably some OS updates.)

- Wes

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> I'm sure this is documented somewhere. This morning I pushed a topic
> >> to Gerrit. Shortly after that, the (very busy) Kitware Robot informed
> >> me that she had submitted experimental builds for my topic:
> >>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&filtercount=1&field1=buildname/string&compare1=63&value1=SharedLibrary_DLL_Linkage
> >>
> >> There is a Mac and Linux build. This is great.
> >>
> >> Can the Robot add a Visual Studio build? That would help me a lot.
> >>
> > The robot is requesting a Windows build, which right now should mean a
> > Visual Studio build. The redwall machine has been running our Windows
> > build requests, but maybe this one failed in some way. Let me see if I
> > can go through the logs later to see if I can see what happened.
> >
> > Marcus
> > Powered by www.kitware.com

> > http://kitware.com/products/protraining.html

> > http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

> arrakis is also doing cdash at home builds, (Win32 XP, VS 7.1) but its
> response time is less than ideal... it's an old/under-powered machine
> not well suited for modern full ITK builds. Release builds (non-Debug)
> would make this machine more useful because the test suite would
> execute much faster.
>
> You can see arrakis *sometimes* produces results:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&filtercount=2&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=arrakis&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=2010-10-01
>
> It reboots nightly around 9:50 pm Eastern time -- it may be in the
> middle of an attempted build when that occurs.
>

> Similar query that shows the redwall cdash at home results:
>

> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&filtercount=3&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=redwall&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=2010-10-01&field3=buildtype/string&compare3=61&value3=Experimental

Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.
Technical Leader
28 Corporate Drive