[Insight-developers] Gerrit Topic Experimental Builds

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Nov 23 10:20:28 EST 2010

This was one of the things that came up when we were discussing
CDash at Home - Linux, Mac and Unix operating systems tend to have one
compiler, although there are certainly many exceptions to this,
whereas a single Windows system often has multiple compilation/build
environments we want to test.

I can certainly add a few more requirements. The Gerrit robot is
currently requesting a Linux, Mac and Windows build. There are no
other requirements placed. I could subdivide Windows a little, but how
many options do we want for a general patch? I think 3-4 is about the
most we want to require, and the nightlies must handle the much larger
combination once stuff is integrated.

We could of course add some way to request special builds. I also
think that on Windows Visual Studio 2008 is likely the generator to
target, but we possibly want a MinGW or Cygwin build. These are the
equivalent of continuous, and for most projects 3 has been enough
which is where my initial logic came from in specifying the builds
scheduled to CDash at Home.

Marcus