[Insight-developers] -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG flag?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:14:58 EST 2010

Someone on the TCon suggested I turn this flag on in order to debug the
MetaIO regressions.

So I did, but first I was trying to finish the itkTransformIO fixes, and
with  -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG set, the transform file reader no longer works at
all. I don't know what's up with that, but it caused me to waste a chunk of
the afternoon chasing phantoms.

I don't know why it's the case but std::stringstream seems to no longer work
with any numeric values -- it broke the assembling of the transform type
names so the Transform factory refused to make any transforms.

Then it wouldn't put any elements in the vnl_vectors for the parameters in
TransformFileReader.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is _GLIBCXX_DEBUG really the flag to
use to turn on STL debugging?