[Insight-developers] git process - merging in master before push to gerrit

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 23 16:51:11 EST 2010

On 11/23/2010 03:52 PM, kent williams wrote:
> I'm not the final authority but I what I understand is this: just do git
> gerrit-merge.  If there are merge conflicts, then it will print instructions
> on what to do after you resolve the conflicts.

Michael was asking about steps before "gerrit-push" and code review.
Before review the topic should be rebased if it might conflict with
other work from master.

> Actually, though the new streamlined ITK Git page
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop is fine, but it doesn't give any
> advice on what to do with conflicts.
>
> If the message printed when conflicts occur is clear then no problem, but it
> wouldn't hurt to have an explanation on the Wiki

I added a note to the Wiki that just says to follow the instructions printed.
I have some ideas on how to make the printed instructions simpler than they
currently are but it is non-trivial and I haven't had time to try.  Once we
have converged on a good solution I can add a link to the troubleshooting
column on the Wiki to provide a more complete explanation.

-Brad