[Insight-developers] Gerrit Topic Experimental Builds

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Nov 29 17:06:33 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu> wrote:
> So I got the cdash client running, and by following the link :
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/manageClient.php?projectid=2
>
> I was able to trigger an experimental build on bubbles.
>
> I set up my nightly cron job to start the cdash client after all of the
> expected builds are done.
>
> Will some robot or person come along and schedule builds from gerrit or
> do I have to do it myself?

This is done by a robot, it listens to the Gerrit event stream and
schedules builds for ITK requesting a build on Windows, Mac and Linux.
There are a few of us who can check on the schedules, and we are
working on more robust detection of failed builds etc (sometimes they
don't get as far as submitting for various reasons).

I hope that clears things up, and thanks for volunteering some more machines.

Marcus