[Insight-developers] Utilities/hooks.sh

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Tue Oct 5 16:30:09 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the confusion.  I have added descriptions to the wiki
  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Hooks
  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Git/Hooks

The script is intended to easily setup the hooks in addition to configuring
the KWStyle and uncrustify hooks.  By running the script, it also provides a
convenient means to update the hooks.

A patch with a more descriptive name is here:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,103

> I think it is good to have a script to do the setup perhaps it could
> echo more info about what it is doing..

Please try the proposed changes in the patch.

> I just ran it and got this message:
> cd ../ITKPersonal
> [ITKPersonal(master)] Utilities/hooks.sh
> fatal: Couldn't find remote ref remotes/origin/hooks
>
> Strange that I do not get this message.  What version of git are you
running?  I have added a change to the patch that might fix the problem.
 Please try it out.

Thanks,
Matt