[Insight-developers] Utilities/hooks.sh

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 5 18:11:54 EDT 2010

On 10/05/2010 04:01 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Actually, there were six reviewers. You were the only one to review
> it. Looks like a process breakdown.

At first I was the only reviewer.  After I approved it then someone
(Matt?) requested additional reviewers.  Gerrit does not prevent new
reviews once one person has approved.  None of the new reviewers
performed reviews for a week.  When it came up on the phone call today
that there were so many open changes in Gerrit I decided to merge it.

> I think it is good to have a script to do the setup perhaps it could
> echo more info about what it is doing..
>
> I just ran it and got this message:
> cd ../ITKPersonal
> [ITKPersonal(master)] Utilities/hooks.sh
> fatal: Couldn't find remote ref remotes/origin/hooks
>
> Did you run it?

Did you clone from itk.org/ITK.git or some other (GitHub?) repo?
If the origin does not have the hooks branch then you can get a
message like that.  However, the hook contains a check for the
existence of the hooks branch before using it.

Matt, any idea what goes wrong with the for-each-ref check?

-Brad