[Insight-developers] compose affine with header filter?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Oct 8 13:10:07 EDT 2010

Hi Michael,

I don't know of a filter that does what you describe, but it sounds
like you want this filter to essentially produce an image on a
potentially sheared grid. Does this correctly characterize what you
want the filter to produce?

An image defined on a sheared grid fits in with a recent discussion on
this list about supporting images whose samples do not lie at regular
intervals along orthogonal directions, so I'm interested in knowing
more about what you are trying to do with this filter.

Thanks,
Cory

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Michael Stauffer (Circular Logic)
<mstauff at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to ITK. I started working with Brian Avants and the reset of the
> ANTS team a few weeks ago. I'm about to start on my first ITK filter, a
> simple one to learn the ropes. It may or may not end up being useful.
> But first we wanted to check if someone else has already implemented the
> follow functionality, but not integrated it with itk.
>
> The filter will accept an image and an affine transform, compose the
> input transform with the transform stored in the image's header (via
> m_Direction and m_Origin), then output a new image with the composed
> transform in its header.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

Cory Quammen
Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)
Department of Computer Science
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~cquammen