[Insight-developers] compose affine with header filter?

Michael Stauffer (Circular Logic) mstauff at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 13:38:09 EDT 2010

We're not interested in shearing (at least at this point, Brian might
have some ideas about that for down the road). Initially we'd like to be
able to orient sets of images to a common orientation before batch
processing, so should need just rotation and/or reflection. The idea, if
I understand fully, is to account for different orientations between or
within data sets, possibly due to operator error. Thus, we'll probably
have to manually set the transforms per image.

The goal with doing this via the image header is to avoid preprocessing
the image data itself and introducing unnecessary interpolation noise.

It seems from what we've looked at so far that the Image::m_Direction
matrix is expected to be rigid, and if it is not, it is decomposed to
use only the rigid part? At least, this seems to be how itk snap
behaves.

Cheers,