[Insight-developers] ITKv4 : LICENSE Changed to Apache 2.0

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 12 12:04:47 EDT 2010

On 10/08/2010 03:19 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Actually, the fact that git builds the hashes out of the file content
> (of all files) is a much better indication of whether the code has
> been modified or not.  I.e. when we make ITK releases we could
> simply publish the SHA (in the web site, for example) and anyone
> could readily verify it against the copy they get from any other
> source.

We already have something stronger than this.  I've gpg-signed the
the tags of all releases.  The signed tags reference the commit hash
of the release version.  We effectively sign not only the release
version but the whole development history behind it.

Try this for fun:

 $ git tag -v v3.20.0

-Brad K