[Insight-developers] Why does the KWStyle hook not let me commit, and why can't I turn the **&@#$ing thing off?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 13 16:38:02 EDT 2010

Yeah that was the problem.

Learning to use git reminds me of when, at a former job, a womand from
Dassault System said that we were "joining the society" of Dassault
Systemes.  What she was unable to properly formulate in English was
something like  "becoming users of," but her phrase always struck me as
unintentionally accurate.

So we're all trying to join the Git Society. Where familiar commands from
other version control systems mean something just different enough to keep
you scratching your head for hours. Where there are dozens of secret
handshakes and arcane rituals to learn.