[Insight-developers] how to recover from a git/gerrit screw-up

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:30:10 EDT 2010

So I took the plunge into the git/gerrit/ITK pool, and made a slight mess,
due to unfamiliarity.

I now have 3 checkins on my topic and I need to do another to get things in
a reviewable state.  I think I mis-read what to do if you need to amend a
topic.

Then I  used interactive rebasing to squash all my changes together.  Do I
just push those to the Gerrit repository, as a single patch?

Can I kill those earlier partial checkins, or is that even necessary?

The current (laughable) state of play for my topic is here:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#q,status:open+project:ITK+branch:master+to
pic:FloatingPointException-Handling,n,z