[Insight-developers] Gerrit Open Topics Noise

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Oct 15 14:23:47 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Hans Johnson <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu>wrote:

>  First:  I think that gerrit has the potential to be VERY beneficial to
> the ITK development efforts.
>
> However, it could easily become a deterrent to expanding the developer
> community.
>
> As a gatekeeper, it is of paramount important that it is 1) fair, 2) quick
> for both rejections and acceptance, and 3) not a bottle neck holding up a
> lot of development.
>
> Here are some of my complaints/concerns about gerrit:
>
>    1. There are too many open topics that are
>
>        a) Not actively being worked on

They should be merged or abandoned after some amount of time.

>         b) In the wrong state (and I do not have access rights to change
> them to abandoned or to fix them)
>
> Sorry, this slipped in my queue - I just took care of it now.

>         c) Claim to be ready to merge, but only through teleconference
> backdoor information has this been waiting
>
> I will leave this one for others.

>     2.   Poluted by VTK and SimpleITK patches.  I only care about ITK work,
> and the rest is noise that needs to be sifted through to get to the ITK
> stuff.

You can simply bookmark ITK if that is all you are interested in,

http://review.source.kitware.com/#q,status:open+project:ITK,n,z

We could add a forwarding URL such as review.itk.org etc that would make
this the default view. You can actually watch the project(s) you are
interested in if you would like to be emailed when new patches are submitted
too.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.