[Insight-developers] Preventing In-Source Builds

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 11:17:31 EDT 2010

Folks,

Kent Williams has created ITK cmake modifications to block in-source
builds. As you know, doing cmake in the source tree pollutes the
source tree with cmake, build and configured .h files. The only way to
recover is to blow away the source tree and recreate it.

New users often do this and have trouble recovering.

I tried Kent's solution and it works great.

Is there any reason why one would want to have an in source build?

I propose that we push Kent's changes to save our users headaches in the future.

Bill