[Insight-developers] ITKData and branches

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Oct 16 14:40:01 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Data includes baselines for testing. We should make it as easy as
> possible to add new baselines, thus promoting more testing. Our old
> method was good.
>
> Perhaps, the baselines should be part of ITK proper. Currently
> baselines represent 16 meg out of the 73 meg in data.
>
> I honestly think that the solution in place is ideal, and would love to
have ParaView and VTK use this approach. Keeping the binary data in a
separate git submodule that is pinned by the submodule pointer gives you the
best of both worlds. Is there some part of the process that is particularly
unwieldy? You need to add, commit and push in the submodule, and then the
extra step is simply moving the pointer forward in the ITK repository.

The submodule commands are under active development, and are improving with
each release at the moment.

Marcus