[Insight-developers] Preventing Out Of Source Builds -- http://review.source.kitware.com/#change, 157

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Oct 20 14:09:55 EDT 2010

That's fine, (mirroring NIFTI exactly sounds like a good idea) -- but that's
a very good reason why in-source builds should *absolutely* and
*permanently* be a thing of the past for the ITK source tree. CMake will
simply overwrite any Makefile files in the tree when generating a make-based
in-source build tree.

Kent, I'd prefer if you didn't even provide the OPTION and just disallow
them entirely.

People who *need* them (I haven't actually met one of these people yet) can
always simply comment out one line of CMakeLists code to enable them.

David C.