[Insight-developers] ITK wrapping status

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Oct 22 05:59:29 EDT 2010

Le 22 oct. 10 à 09:08, Michal Suchanek a écrit :

> Hello
>
> 2010/10/21 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>:
>

>> I've just commited a fix in ITK.
>> I don't know why I haven't seen that bug yesterday...
>>

> Thanks for fixing that.
>
> I have now installable wrappings.

great!

> I tried porting the WaterSchedSegmentation1 example to the new
> wrappings but is seems they are lacking itkImageFileWriterIUL2 which
> makes this example unportable to them.

Well, not exactly unportable. You just have to convert the output of
the watershed to a more usable type (not tested):

import org.itk.io.*;
import org.itk.denoising.*;
import org.itk.filtering.*;
import org.itk.segmentationandthreshold.*;

public class WatershedSegmentation1
{
   public static void main( String argv[] )
   {
     System.out.println("WatershedSegmentation1 Example");

     itkImageFileReaderIF2 reader = new itkImageFileReaderIF2();
     reader.SetFileName( argv[0] );

     itkGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilterIF2IF2 diffusion =
       new itkGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilterIF2IF2();

     diffusion.SetInput( reader.GetOutput() );
     diffusion.SetTimeStep( 0.0625 );
     diffusion.SetConductanceParameter( 9.0 );
     diffusion.SetNumberOfIterations(  5 );

     itkGradientMagnitudeImageFilterIF2IF2 gradient =
       new itkGradientMagnitudeImageFilterIF2IF2();

     gradient.SetInput(diffusion.GetOutput());

     itkWatershedImageFilterIF2 watershed =
       new itkWatershedImageFilterIF2();

     watershed.SetInput( gradient.GetOutput() );
     watershed.SetThreshold( 0.01 );
     watershed.SetLevel( 0.2 );

     itkRelabelComponentImageFilterIUL2IUC2 relabel =
       new itkRelabelComponentImageFilterIUL2IUC2();
     relabel.SetInput( watershed.GetOutput() );

     itkImageFileWriterIUL2 writer = new itkImageFileWriterIUL2();
     writer.SetFileName( argv[1] );
     writer.SetInput( relabel.GetOutput()  );
     writer.Update();

   }

}

> However I noticed RGB image IO wrappings which I use in my examples
> which did not work in the ITK 3 wrappings without adding instances for
> RGB.

Can you be more specific on what is missing?

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)