[Insight-developers] ITK wrapping status

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Oct 22 09:28:26 EDT 2010

Le 22 oct. 10 à 15:16, Michal Suchanek a écrit :

> 2010/10/22 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>:
>>
>> Le 22 oct. 10 à 09:08, Michal Suchanek a écrit :

>>> Thanks for fixing that.
>>>
>>> I have now installable wrappings.
>>
>> great!
>>

>>> I tried porting the WaterSchedSegmentation1 example to the new
>>> wrappings but is seems they are lacking itkImageFileWriterIUL2 which
>>> makes this example unportable to them.
>>
>> Well, not exactly unportable. You just have to convert the output
>> of the
>> watershed to a more usable type (not tested):
>
> I did that earlier to allow writing the output to an usable image
> format such as PNG.
>
> Given that viewers for image types that can store UL component are
> rare it is the easiest way to use the example.
>
> As I don't have InsightAppliactions built against any library that
> does not conflict with ITK 4 and can't recall any other usable viewer
> for nrrd or VTK images it is not exactly easy to view the result but
> the example at least does not fail when the UL2 writer is wrapped.
>
> Also the filter intentionally uses UL output to get the best possible
> resolution and the image may lose detail when converted to UC.

you shouldn't loose anything when converting to UC with the relabel
filter if there are less than 256 zones identified.
If UC is not enough, there is also US (16bit) available by default.

> The obvious choice of filter for this job it RescaleIntensity but that
> is not wrapped with inputs and outputs suitable for this example, nor
> is RelabelComponent.

RescaleIntensity is NOT well suited for this task, beacause it can
merge several labels in a single one. RelabelComponent is the filter
you want.
RelabelComponent should be wrapped with the necessary types to convert
UL pixel type to UC or US.

>>> However I noticed RGB image IO wrappings which I use in my examples
>>> which did not work in the ITK 3 wrappings without adding instances
>>> for
>>> RGB.
>>

>> Can you be more specific on what is missing?
>>

> In ITK 3 there are not RGB wrappings at all in the included CSWIG
> wrappings.
>
> I did not port the code to ITK4 yet but the RGB images are already
> supported so it should be easier to use ITK4 for that.
>
> That's why I started building ITK4 in the first place.

ok

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann