[Insight-developers] Parallel builds with CMake?

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Fri Oct 22 17:09:03 EDT 2010

2010/10/22 Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>:

> Two suggestions:
>
> A) Let's disable the traditional wrapping and make
>      WrapITK to be the only mechanism for wrapping ITK.
>
> B) Let's make sure that we have Nightly builds with
>      ITKv4+WrapITK+Python in parallel.
>
>      (I'm setting up one in eldorado.kitware now..)
>

> Any objections ?

I suspect that the parallel build issues are caused by building
wrappings for multiple languages, at least for the traditional
wrappings.

I suggest building at least Python and Java wrappings to test for
potential issues like this.

WrapITK currently builds for me in parallel but only with external
gdcm, the gdcm in ITK is broken when installed.

There should be tests for building against installed ITK.

Thanks

Michal