[Insight-developers] atoll and strtoll issues for VC express

wanlin wanlinzhu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 22:14:49 EDT 2010

Hi, all
      When adding Gifti IO support to itkMeshIO, I encountered the errors
that atoll and strtoll not defined for MS visual studio c++ compiler
(express 2008). Currently i am trying to solve it like this
#ifdef WIN32
        DA->ext_offset = atol(value);
#else
        DA->ext_offset = atoll(value);
#endif

#ifdef WIN32
                llval = strtol(p1, &p2, 10);
#else
                llval = strtoll(p1, &p2, 10);
#endif

Which make the tests past. I am wondering Is it acceptable or is there a
better and safe replacement to make it work under MS compilers?