[Insight-developers] itk::PathToImageFilter

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 29 10:44:47 EDT 2010

I was assigned this bug: http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=2895

which was reported 4 years ago by Zach Pincus.  He created an InsightJournal
article to address the problems he saw in the implementation of
PathToImageFilter.

http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/74

So when I investigated this issue I found that:

1) Some of the things in his IJ article have made it into ITK/Code/Review:
ImageToPathFilter and ContourExtractor2DImagefilter.

2) Some have not, notably: PathToImageFilter, TracePathOnImageFilter

3) It appears the version of PathToImageFilter in ITK/Code/BasicFilters
still hasn't been modified to address the issues he brought up.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do when an Insight Journal article is
only half-pushed to ITK/Review, and not the part that actually addresses the
issue Zach raised.

So I don't know what course of action to take. My options seem to be

1. Close the bug, figuring that no one but Zach thought the issues he
brought up were worth addressing.

2. Move his changes to the PathToImageFilter to Code/Review

3. Move his changes to Code/BasicFilters

3.a) also move ImageToPathFilter and ContourExtractor2DImagefilter to
Code/BasicFilters