[Insight-developers] Class list: itkv3 vs itkv4

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:27:46 EST 2011

Folks,

I just did a simple experiment. I listed all .h files in itkv3 and
itkv4, stripped the directories from the list and compared the two
lists. This provides a rough estimate of the classes in itkv3 and
itkv4. I did this quickly, so the actual tallies may be off a bit.

itkv3 only:   170 classes - these have either been removed to renamed for itkv4
itkv4 only :  379 classes - new or renamed classes in itkv4
both;         1363 classes - classes that are not renamed or removed

I plan to look at the 170 removed or named classes and see if they
have migration pages. Also, I think a tabular presentation that
summarizes the change for each will be helpful: renamed or eliminated
with a link to the appropriate migration document.

Bill