[Insight-developers] Requiring a named input, problem with Convolution filter

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 13 10:50:42 EST 2011

Hello,

I just seg-faulted the ConvolutionImageFilter, by apparently not setting the Kernel.

Looking at the Code it appears that the KernelInput is one of these new fangled Named inputs. So, the way I think I see it now this filter is not correctly setting that is has 2 required inputs. I am not sure how to mark a named input as required, or quite what the interaction of the indexed and named inputs when setting the number of required inputs are.

So,  I actually encountered this problem while trying to wrap this filter for simpleITK. We are still using the "filter->SetInput( 1, kernelImage )" method to set the indexed inputs. We don't  currently have a good approach to deal with variable number of inputs, and named inputs.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine