[Insight-developers] ITK version numbers

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Dec 20 07:23:31 EST 2011

Yes, of course we have the technology to do it.

I am still of the opinion that it should not be based on a nightly
heartbeat commit that's done by a robot, and that it should be updated
only when necessary, by a developer, when he introduces an
incompatible change that would necessitate a differentiation between
"before" and "after" his change. (Which should be very infrequent,
given our penchant for maintaining backwards compatibility.)

NO DATE.

Or if it is a date, then NO automatic daily updating of the date. Only
manual updating when necessary.

Staunchly against unnecessary commits of any kind,
David C.