[Insight-developers] ITKv4 Modularization Plan

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:58:59 EST 2011

Is there a summary of the meeting notes (or slides?). Will the names
still be the unusual itk-foo-bar?

Was the present approach approved by the ITK contractors? I hope the
discussion included a cost/benefit for this massive change.

How will our customers handle this transition? Especially if they have
a code base that must compile with both itkv3 and itkv4. In
particular, how will this affect one of our largest customers,
Slicer4?

I am concerned, for example, that ITK3 did not provide a good
mechanism for specifying libraries. Will the new solution include a
patch to ITK3 that will be compatible with itkv4?