[Insight-developers] Is it ok to return values in function params?

M Stauffer (V) mstauff at verizon.net
Thu Feb 10 14:25:40 EST 2011

Hi,

Is it accepted in ITK style to return values in function parameters? I'd
like to return a functor result by value, but using a class member to
hold the result for return-by-value means it won't be thread-safe. I
could make multiple copies of the functor when used in a threaded
context, but that means the class is harder to use properly. If I use a
function parameter to return the result, it would be thread-safe.

Cheers,
Michael