[Insight-developers] ITKv4 Module Names

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 10 15:23:18 EST 2011

On 02/10/2011 02:53 PM, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
> The problem there is that the first layer of directory doesn't contain
> exclusive things.
>
> In that case, it is possible to be in the core of ITK and be related
> to IO.
>
> So maybe it would be better to keep the subdirectories for the really
> easy to group modules, like the IO modules.

The real problem is that there are many different dichotomies that
can be used for grouping.  The directory structure must choose exactly
one such dichotomy.  There can be multiple ways to group used in the
CMake options to enable whole groups of modules together.  If the
group names from different dichotomies overlap that could be confusing.
This is one reason I liked the flat list.

However, since the module names and directory structure are independent
we can fiddle with this later without affecting much.

-Brad