[Insight-developers] Asserts failing on Windows Builds

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 25 13:07:07 EST 2011

Hello all,

I was just running a Windows build in debug, and most of the test failures we are seeing on some Windows builds are due to assert failures. These appear to only occur on the windows build when in fill Debug build not RelWithDebInfo. Some Jpeg2000 tests, and testMetaLine are failing due to these asserts.

At one point there as a flag enable on a system which did some STL array bound checking. I don't think we have that enabled any more. Does any one remember how that was done? It would detect a couple of these cases.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine