[Insight-developers] Problem with testing data for GE5 CT images

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 3 12:55:13 EDT 2011

Don Bigler took it upon himself to try and fix the GE5 reader for CT
scans.  The existing reader only works for MR images, because it keys on
the Echo Number in order to discriminate between datasets.

The problem is test data to actually have a regression test for his patch.
We would need a GE5 CT scan to read in to write a useful test.   Don is
using the Visible Human Female as his test data, and it isn't practical or
desirable to add a subset of that dataset to ITK's test data.

Where are we at with using Midas to store test data?  Or failing that, can
anyone suggest somewhere to find a sample GE5 CT scan small enough to add
to the ITK test data?