[Insight-developers] Problem with testing data for GE5 CT images

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 3 14:02:36 EDT 2011

On 06/03/2011 12:55 PM, Williams, Norman K wrote:
> using the Visible Human Female as his test data, and it isn't practical or
> desirable to add a subset of that dataset to ITK's test data.
>
> Where are we at with using Midas to store test data?  Or failing that, can
> anyone suggest somewhere to find a sample GE5 CT scan small enough to add
> to the ITK test data?

It already works if you set up the data reference by hand.  We will probably
demo the automagic data upload approach I've been developing at the upcoming
meeting.  Either way, in the case of a large test input image with meaningful
metadata (e.g. "Visible Human") it is better to upload the file to MIDAS by
hand.

Read the instructions in the CMake/ExternalData.cmake module comments.
Look in the Examples directory for use of DATA{} syntax.

-Brad