[Insight-developers] CSI-ITK: HDF5 intermittent failures

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 8 07:47:44 EDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 10:51 AM, Brad King wrote:
> On 06/04/2011 12:02 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>> Looks like an uninitialized variable somewhere? valgrind does not
>> catch them all... Maybe you should run cppcheck on the HDF5 thirdparty
>> code.
>
> At Kent's request I've updated the HDF5 snapshot to version 1.8.7 from
> upstream.  I manually built and tested it on Linux with GCC and Windows
> with MinGW and VS 9 tools.  We should all keep an eye out for new
> warnings.
>
> The commit range of the changes is "e1f9e848..b76ce0bd".

Well, there are quite a few places that the HDF5 tests now fail:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=2&name=itkHDF5ImageIOTest&date=2011-06-07
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=2&name=itkHDF5ImageIOStreamingReadWriteTest&date=2011-06-07

However, they pass on all the Kitware machines and on all my own builds
(except itkHDF5ImageIOTest on factory.kitware fails for an unrelated
 reason).

Can anyone with a machine where it fails investigate, please?

Thanks,
-Brad