[Insight-developers] Module dependcies help

M Stauffer (V) mstauff at verizon.net
Mon Jun 13 12:56:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm having trouble with module dependencies. I'm working from the latest
itk master. We have a module we've created,
Modules/Registration/Refactoring - ITK-RegistrationRefactoring. It was
working previously, but the new circular-dependency checks during config
have exposed my hack.

I have cmake configured to build all modules, and with Review on.

In Modules/Registration/Refactoring/itk-module.cmake, I have these
dependencies. If not, the compiler cannot find appropriate header files:

itk_module(ITK-RegistrationRefactoring
DEPENDS
ITK-RegistrationCommon
ITK-Optimizers
ITK-ImageIntensity
ITK-ImageFunction
ITK-ImageGrid
ITK-SpatialObjects
ITK-Smoothing
ITK-ImageGradient
ITK-ImageFeature
ITK-FiniteDifference
TEST_DEPENDS
ITK-TestKernel
#ITK-Review
)

But there are other modules that use headers from
ITK-RegistrationRefatoring, and if I include ITK-RegistrationRefatoring
as a dependency in them in order to get to the RegistrationRefactoring
headers, it goes circular.

Any advice? Thanks.

Cheers,
Michael