[Insight-developers] New workflow to add test data

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Jun 20 11:21:54 EDT 2011

Hi Brad,

The new workflow for adding test data is very nice. You are too modest
about the quality of your instructions in the email (they were quite
detailed).

I have two comments about the workflow.

One thing that caused me some headaches was the hiding of my original
test data after running CMake. When I made a mistake while going
through this process (which happened a number of times), I deleted the
MD5 files and started the process again from a clean slate. Each time,
I had to copy the test data back into the repository from some
external place on my machine. It would be nice if the test data could
be left in place during development. Perhaps a pre-commit check could
be added to prevent this original test data from being committed.

Another point of concern: It seems possible that the gerrit builds
could begin before the data objects are transferred to the web server
if the processes are not synchronized. Is it set up so that the
transfer of the objects always happens prior to running the gerrit
builds?

Thanks,
Cory

--