[Insight-developers] New workflow to add test data

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 20 10:20:12 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

I've documented the new workflow for adding test data here:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop/Data

and linked to it from the appropriate points in the main development
instructions here:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop

The instructions are a refined version of what I outlined here:

  http://www.itk.org/mailman/private/insight-developers/2011-June/019048.html

One no longer needs to add or remove any options by hand to use it.

For the moment we will use this approach for new data and keep the
Testing/Data submodule (as read-only) for existing data.  After we
"kick the tires" on the new approach we can look at converting all
the existing data to work the new way and remove the submodule.

-Brad

P.S.  Thanks to Cory and Hans for stumbling through this without any
real instructions to help me work out some kinks.