[Insight-developers] Interfacing SimpleITK with WrapITK

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 28 08:46:42 EDT 2011

Hello Gaetan,

I am wondering if you have any ideas how how to interface simpleITK and wrappITK. I think the only connection that is needed is being able to convert a simpleITK image to and fro the WrapITK image. SimpleITK image class is here:

https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/master/Code/Common/include/sitkImage.h

The relevant constructor is:

template <typename TImageType>
    explicit Image( TImageType* image )

And the related get method:

itk::DataObject* GetImageBase( void );
    const itk::DataObject* GetImageBase( void ) const;

It seems to me that we are going to need to link the WrapITK library to SimpleITK, and some how let SWIG know that itk::DataObject and itk::Image<>, and itk::VectorImage<>, are wrapped and in the WrapITK library. I am not sure how to do this, nor have I been able to find documentaion on how.

Do you have any suggestion on how to proceed?

By the way, if you do want to build SimpleITK and wrapITK, Hans, implemented the SuperBuild in SimpleITK. Which can be run by running ccmake in the SuperBuild sub-directory:  "ccmake SimpleITK/SuperBuild". This can enable WrapITK along with simpleITK.

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for