[Insight-developers] ITK & WrapITK Install better, still not great.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed May 4 17:36:44 EDT 2011

#1 and #2 are on purpose.  All the library names have version numbers in
them now so they can go in <prefix>/lib.  This makes shared libraries
easier to find for example when a user has a /home/me/myprefix/lib
directory that contains lots of projects because only one entry in his/her
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is needed for all of them.

The CMake stuff goes in <prefix>/lib/cmake/ITK-4.0 because that is the
preferred location for use with find_package(ITK) calls.

Wrapping modules could go in <prefix>/lib/ITK-4.0/WrapITK or something
but that is not something I've developed.

-Brad