[Insight-developers] Nightly build against nightly vxl

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 26 16:09:45 EDT 2011

On 05/26/2011 03:55 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I do not see how that dashboard
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=1167506 is
> equivalent to anything we have now here:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight

It's equivalent to something we *used* to have here.  It is a monolithic
build.  It does submit to project=Insight and not ITKModular, but it builds
against an installed ITK tree that came from an ITKModular build.

Way back before Git and modularization I ran a build of the Insight/Testing
tree against an installed ITK.  This ensured that all the tests could build
outside of ITK and verified that the installation had all the files.  This
build is the modularized equivalent of that.  It ensures that the 'test'
directory in each module can be built outside of ITK.  That way we know that
all the necessary install() rules are present in the build system and that
the full interface is presented to applications.

-Brad