[Insight-developers] Composite Transform -- how to copy?

M Stauffer (V) mstauff at verizon.net
Tue Nov 8 14:12:07 EST 2011

I think there should be a method added to do this, maybe
Transform::Clone. Most transforms would be fine with the base
implementation that copies parameters and fixed parameters. Specialized
transforms would implement their own.

We could use this method for a bit of memory and speed optimization in
some new classes too.

In addition to the composite transform, the displacement field
transforms are also more complicated b/c of the options for the update
smoothing. Maybe these should be included with the fixed parameters? The
displacement field parameters/data itself can be copied simply using
SetFixedParameters and SetParameters. So it's the smoothing options that
are a sticking point here, but easy to handle either way. Not sure about
the BSplineDisplacementField transform.

-M