[Insight-developers] FEMRegistrationFilter using ImageMetricLoad?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 20 11:12:42 EDT 2011

I more of a general code monkey than an algorithm expert; I don't know
that much about the internals of the FEM code. I made a lot of changes to
FEM that were focused on memory management and code style, I have never
looked closely at how the algorithms are implemented.

Vince is the person who knows the most about this and has done almost all
of the work on updating the FEM framework. I spoke to him last week and he
said sometime this week he'd have the time to look at some of the problems
that have cropped up with FEM.

If you know what to do with respect to writing a test for the image-based
loads, by all means go for it. But coordinating your efforts with Vince
would be the best way to avoid duplicated effort.  His e-mail is
vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu.